Thursday, August 16, 2012

What we do in life, echoes in eternity... - Gladiator

Today was the 1st day of school for the boys. Kaden is now in 2nd grade and Brody is in kindergarten. I can't believe how fast time flew by. Let alone the summer. For some reason, it was so much harder to see them go this time around. Maybe it was because Brody is our last one to go into kindergarten and that's kind of a big deal. I honestly didn't think it was going to be so hard because I've done it before. Walking out of the school, I honestly felt like I was going to hyperventilate. I could feel my heart coming out of my chest. I wanted to go back in there and get him, but that wouldn't do any good. I ended up calling Joe to calm me down a little. Needless to say, he did a good job. I do wish he could've been there though.

This morning before taking the boys to school, I took a picture of them holding a piece of construction paper and it said what they wanted to be when they grow up. Love Pinterest for this idea!

















I plan on making the pictures an 8x10 and framing them and doing it every year. We are excited to see if what they are wanting to be changes any. With their dad being a firefighter, I'm betting it won't.

On to today's question.....

List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could. 

1. Work harder in school. The choices you make now, will effect your future.

2. Finish college, graduate with your degree. If you don't, you will regret it. TRUST ME!

3. That heartache you will feel, it won't last. It will get better. You will learn from it and move on.

4. Keep in touch with your friends once you graduate. Call them, visit them, hang out with them. They are the best ones you could ever have.

5. Don't believe what your head is telling you. People won't be better off if you are gone, they won't be happy and nobody will be throwing a party. Remember, you are loved!

6.  Be brave! Don't worry so much what other people are thinking about you. They don't matter.

7. When you get a job, save the money. You will be glad that you did.

8. Be kinder to mom and papa. They mean well. They love you unconditionally and they just want whats best for you and for you to be happy. Once you have kids, you will understand.

9. Spend time with your family more and not just mom, papa and Zekey. I'm talking about Tita Lumen and Tito Jim too. Offer to take them out somewhere or just talk about stuff. You don't have to talk about anything important. Spending some time with all of them will be good for you.

10. Don't be in a hurry to grow up. There's plenty of time for that. Just be 16 and enjoy it.You will miss it when it's gone.

Hope everyone had a good Thursday!

*Xirna* 

No comments: