Sunday, August 19, 2012

The happiest of people dont necesarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way - Unknown

I know it's been a couple days since I last blogged, sorry about that. This weekend has been a busy one for us. 

Friday night, I went out with some of my favorite ladies. 
It was so much fun hanging out and talking with them. It was something I needed for awhile now. And I have to say, these girls are amazing. Love them all to pieces!

Saturday, Joe and I went to the Ethnic Festival. I love how many cultures we have in this city. There was a lot of good food and they were cheap too. Free parking and only $3 to get in, you can't beat that. It was a fun little date for us. Having those times when it's just the two of us helps our relationship a lot because we rarely have those opportunities, so when we do, we try to take advantage of them.

Next weekend, we might be headed down to the Lake of the Ozarks for the Shootout Boat Races. I'm super excited for that and hoping we get to go. I will definitely keep you posted.

The question for tonight is......

What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
1. Our boys, they are absolutely the most amazing kids on the planet. I'm not just saying that because they are our kids but because they really are. They are so caring and loving. They worry about other people and how they are doing. They have such big hearts at such a young age, it makes me feel like I'm doing something right.

2. Joe, he works so hard for us. He does his best every day to be an amazing father to our boys. He's a hard worker,and he has a big heart. He has dreams that he really wants to happen, and I have no doubt in my mind they will.

3. My family, that includes Joe's family as well. I don't know what we'd do without them. If it weren't for our families, I don't know where we would be. They have helped us out so much. I wish there was a way we could repay them, but whatever we did to repay them, wouldn't be close to enough.

4. My friends, I have some of the best out there. Unfortunately, in the past 3-4 years, I have learned who my real ones are. The ones I have now, I wouldn't trade for anything.

5. It may sound cheesy, but God does. He has blessed us in so many ways. It's a really good feeling when you know you have someone up there watching over you.

Hope everyone's weekend was good and you had a little fun.
Till next time...

*Xirna*

No comments: